P.G Library (MBA)
Separate Fully air conditioned PG library for the MBA Department that has a seating capacity of nearly 64.Excellent reading halls that has reference books, hand books, dictionaries and encyclopedias. All the books and periodicals are arranged in order. Every Students and staff are the member of this Library.Each student is given 4 library books at a time and they have allocated library hours/week.Library is open from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 P.M. (Week days) and 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M. (Saturdays)
- Different disciplines covering all major fields of Business, General Topics related to Subjects.
- Excellent reading halls that has reference books,hand books, dictionaries and encyclopedias with seating capacity of 80 students.
- Rich collection Non-Book Materials (60 Nos.)
Vision & Mission
The library has separate periodicals section and subscribes 52 International and National periodicals.The library receives regularly Journals, news letters from organizations and societies provides the staff and students latest informations in technical education, research and development activities.
The reference section of the library has rich collection of International editions of Reference books, Hand books, Conference proceedings, Encyclopedias,GATE/IELTS/GMATE Exam Books & various Reference documents.
Back volumes of journals have been neatly bounded and arranged under subject wise and year wise for reference.
This library has separate theis(Project Report) section.It receives 100 Project report from our departments.It have been neatly bounded and arranged under subject wise and year wise for future reference. Newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines of repute are subscribed to enable the students to keep abreast of day-to-day trends.
The library has separate DIgital Media section has 50 Non-Book Materials.This library receives Subscriped books CD/DVD,Sonaversity Engineering Subject CD/DVD,GATE/GMATE/TOEFL and other Magazines CD/DVDs regularly.provides the staff and students for their latest informations in technical education, research and development activities.
Book Issue Policy
All Students, Faculty, Administrative staff and supporting staff of the college are entitled to become members of the central library. The membership application forms can be obtaining from circulation counter and should be submitted through proper channel. Each student is given 4 library cards and Staff 5 cards.Books are lent to students for 15 days & for staff for 6 Months and can be renewed with 15 days.Fine is levied for late return of books.
Book Bank Scheme
As per the directions of Government of Tamil Nadu, the library has got a book bank scheme exclusively for the SC/ST students. The students can avail four additional books for a semester apart from their regular library cards.
If the books are lost, Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition of the book including the fine of Due dates after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards.Library borrower cards are not transferable. . The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.20/- per card.
Online Public Access Catalogue
The library is equipped with computerised On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching availability of books and CD-ROMs.Barcode system is followed in all transactions.we are Maintained 2 Separate Server.
I, II year students of MBA Students are asked to renew their books by email during the study holiday only.
You want renewal your books ,kindly send the mail 3 days before on or before the return date.
The digital library consists of 8 computer terminals with online access facilities through this system E-journals that are published around the globe can be browsed. The digital library is well stocked with various CDs that have audio visual presentation on technical concepts.It has a dedicated internet lab working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We give free internet access to our students. We have a 100 Mbps connectivity.
These library is a member of INDEST-AICTE Consortium. Through this consortium, it subscribes 32936 National & International E-Journals including IEEE,Springer,Elsevier, ASME, ASCE, EBSCO & J-Gate etc.,These covers more than 32,000 journals, transactions, magazines, conference proceedings and Standards. More than 15,000 new pages are added per month. It provides access to more than two million full-page PDF images, including all original charts, graphs, diagrams, photographs and illustrative material.
Photocopying facility is available in the library. Nominal charge is collected for photocopying service. PhotoCopy= 0.75/- Print = 1/-
Rules & regulations
- The Faculty, Staff and students of panimalar Engineering college are the members of the Library.
- The Library is kept open on all day from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 P.M.
- Library tickets are issued only on production of identity cards, for Faculty 5 and students 4 tickets.
- Each ticket is meant for only one book.
- The tickets issued are not transferable.
- The books should normally be returned on or before the due date positively.Fine is levied for late return of books.
- Loss of tickets should be reported to the librarian immediately. Duplicate tickets will be issued on payment of Rs.20/- along with Photo and Requisition Letter.
- The Library user must produce the identity card when entering the Library.
- Books will be issued from the library to the members only in exchange of Library borrowers tickets.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining, scribbling notes in the margins etc.,
- All users are requested to protect library books as their own property.
- Books taken out of the shelves for reference should be left on the reading tables.
- Students are not allowed to carry anything inside the library. Personal belongings are to be left outside, at the entrance of the library.
- Periodical publications, Dictionary, Reports, Proceedings, Reference sources etc,Will not be lent out.
- All members and the Library staff are requested to observe complete silence inside the library.
- All members of the library team are available for any assistance you may need in using the library resources, facilities and services.
- For the Secutiry Purpose using video surveillance systems.
- You are also welcome to offer your suggestions about the same.
Book Searching Facility
- The MBA PG library is Maintaining two Separate Server with computerised On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching availability of Books,National / Internalational Journals & Periodicals and Non Book Materials(CD-ROMs).
- Renewal Facilities is Available only.
- Barcode system is followed in all the transactions.
The library has separate periodicals section and subscribes 52 International and National periodicals.The library receives regularly Journals, news letters provides the staff and students, latest informations in technical education, research and development activities.
- We are Provideing Previous Year Anna University Que- Papers is maintained in separate Server.
- To Access Question paper Serve with your Roll Number.
- We are Providing Advanced Search Panel.
- Students Log Maintained.