About the Department
Department of Business Administration offers a two year post graduate degree course in Business Administration. It was started in the year 2001, becoming a symbol for thousands of aspirants of this region. Today it is proudly giving education to its 14th batch. A hall-mark of the department is the excellent faculty-student relationship that fosters an atmosphere of regular feedback and growth. It is a place where faculty and students can be seen working together on a variety of tasks.
The Department offers two year MBA (Full time) in 4 semester curriculum under affiliation to Anna University Chennai in order to promote excellence in management. The department offers dual specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations and Systems Management. Students are required to undertake summer project for a period of four weeks after the completion of the second semester examinations. The department is ranked best among those of the southern region as per the quality of education imparted by the distinguished faculty with interdisciplinary background from premier institutes. The department holds the institutional membership of professional bodies like MMA, Ad-Club and AIMA.
Vision and Mission
Dr. V.MAHALAKSHMI M.L. MBA Ph.D
DEAN / MBA Department
- Dean, Panimalar Engineering College
- 20 Years in the realm of Teaching & Training
- 8.11 Years full time Legal Practice in various courts.
- Currently guiding 6 research scholars in various universities
- Legal consultant for corporate houses
- Authored a book in Retail Management.(Rudra Publication)
- Authored a book in Operations Management (Charulatha Publication)
- Published thesis as a book on “Employee empowerment in Automation Industry
Faculty list : 2019-2020
|1||Dr. V. Mahalakshmi||Professor and Dean|
|5||Dr. M. Beulah Viji Christiana||Professor|
|6||Dr. K.Suresh Kumar||Associate Professor|
|7||Dr. N.Rakesh||Associate Professor|
|8||Mrs. C. Padma Prabha||Associate Professor|
|9||Mrs. H. Mickle Aancy||Associate Professor|
|10||Mrs. P. Vasumathi||Associate Professor|
|11||Dr. S. Satheesh Kumar||Associate Professor|
|12||Mr. I.Yabesh Abraham Durairaj||Associate Professor|
|13||Mrs. B. Lakshmi||Associate Professor|
|14||Dr. K.J.Vinodini||Associate Professor|
|15||Mr. V. G. Murugan||Associate Professor|
|16||Mr. N. Arunkumar||Associate Professor|
|17||Mr. A.Aravinthraj||Associate Professor|
|18||Ms.Yamini Devi.R||Associate Professor|
National/International Journals by Faculties
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Contribute to advancement of human intelligence and to the promulgation and development of knowledge and understanding in the business domain.
- Prepare professionals in finance, operations, human resource management, marketing MIS, through the utilization of innovative educational processes, in a modern, global and technological business environment.
- Link academic programs and specializations with actual requirements of the surrounding work environment. This will be achieved by maintaining effective participation and cooperation between the university and local business firms.
- Transform the graduate to play a pioneering and leading role in the community, enabling him or her to take responsibilities and contribute to solving problems through innovative thinking, collective work, reflection, and self-development.
- To provide facilities for holistic development of the students with the view to equip them to become business executives and responsible citizens of tomorrow.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Dual specialization concepts.
- Electives in cross-functional areas of student choice. The students can opt for any subject offered by Anna University to supplement their study.
- A large core faculty team supported by visiting faculty from industry using the best teaching methods.
- Enriching association with MMA enabled our students to gain insights into the emerging management’s concepts and practices.
This makes our students academically brilliant, by making them true leaders and team players, thus preparing them for the real life corporate world. This is done by inviting eminent personalities from industries and authorities in various fields and from the academia to share their knowledge and experience from their area of specialization.
The lectures aim to provide an insight into the success stories of industry stalwarts and entrepreneurs. Students get the opportunity to know about real world experiences of their role models, knowledge about Industry needs, latest technical updates and avenues for higher studies and also learn communication skills and presentation skills from these experts. Many experts from different fields have visited our department and delivered inspiring lectures to our students.
Following are the list of Guest Lectures organized by the department.
- Finmark Trainers
- Co- Founder of Naturals
- Industrial Economist Talk Show
- Capital Market Delivery Excellence Group
- Industry Human Resource Expectation From New Entrants
- Techniques to Ignite Your Potential
- Fundamentals of Capital Market
- C K Kumaravel, CEO & Co- Founder of Naturals
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme
Company : Finmark Trainers
Date : 24-10-2017
Participants :I year MBA
Title : Fundamentals of Capital Market
Name : C K Kumaravel, CEO & Co- Founder of Naturals Ltd
Date : 19-9-2017
Participants : Both I & II MBA Students
Name : S.Arun Kumar Davay, FOUNDER OF MIND MATTERS
Date : 18-8-2017
Participant s: II year MBA
</>Name : S. Prabhakaran, Lead Black Belt,
Capital Market Delivery Excellence Group
Date : 24-10-2017
Participants : II year MBA
Name : Ms. Sumithra Chandrasekar,
HR – Director/Milton Roy India Private Ltd
Date : 3-6-2015
Name : Prof. Vipinendran Kannan, Anna University/Ch.
Date : 5-4-2017
Title : Techniques to Ignite Your Potential.
Name : Shri.M.Shekar,
Participants : II year MBA
Title : Personal Finance and Union budget 2019
Newsletter and Magazines
The department also publishing an in-house magazine and a newsletter annually and bi-annually through this faculties and students contribute their research articles. The details are given below.
|Magazine Name||No. of Volumes (As on June 2019)||Monthly / Bi-annually|
|PEC – MBA||18||Bi-Annually|