Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is dedicated to encourage, promote and facilitate entrepreneurial activities among students of our institution. The cell regularly organizes different activities and events to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship. This cell acts as facilitator and resource institution to motivate, guide and help prospective and existing entrepreneurs in their entrepreneurial endeavors / efforts through positive training interventions.
Ever since its inception, the cell has embarked on its flagship programme of continuous innovative thinking in order to enhance the country’s economy. In view of the worldwide shortage of jobs (both government and private sectors) leading to unemployment problems and lack of proper utilization of human resources; the cell strives to identify talented youth to entrepreneurial works.
Activities of the Cell
The cell plans to organize various programs regarding entrepreneurship development. It provides our student with an informal venue for like-minded individuals to share and discuss their personal experience in starting or running a business. It helps in building support network to bridge individuals and available entrepreneurial resources. Our student gets an insight of the development of new businesses through peer discussion and feedback, speeches by guest entrepreneurs, and faculty support including the Business Plan Competition and on and off-campus entrepreneurial workshops. Leaving no stone unturned in their innovative and constructive pathway, they prove to be the heartbeat of a nations progress and prosperity. Thus, the EDC empowers the youth with entrepreneurial skills.
- Supports skill development activities particularly catering to specific areas of requirement in region.
- To develop close links between industry-Institute by interaction programs. High priority to activities designed to bring about improvement in the industry performance.
- Provides a platform to take-up ‘Entrepreneurship’ as an alternative career.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness/ Development Programmes on full time/part-time basis for final year students, alumni, educated unemployed and working professionals.
- Inculcating Entrepreneurial values among students in order to develop knowledgeable and technological entrepreneurs through the academic programs.
- To conduct courses in Entrepreneurship for Science & Technology students and organising skill development training programmes for unemployed youth.
Inaguration of Entrepreneurship Development
125 students participated in inaguration of Entrepreneurship Development Innovation Institute Cell, Govt. of Tamilnadu by our Guest S. Magesh, Director and Managing Editor -Jupiter Publications Consortium (JPC) – Ingenious Cyberonics Private Limited – CEO of Maruthi Technocrat E Services (MTES) on 18/8/2017.
EDII sponsored Orientation program
We started the EDII sponsored Orientation program in Entrepreneurship(WFNEN 100) with a batch of 89 students and we have completed the Orientation Program in Entrepreneurship from the month of September 2017 to December 2017 and conducted various activities under our CEO E.Sarathkumar & Advisor G.NaveenRaj.
Small Business Stall
AS a partof orientation program one dollar (1$) event was conducted to the 89 students and they have 12 small business stall and made rupees 1727 on 17th Oct 2017.
Spiral Binding Business
With the angel investment of Rs. 1727 we started a Spiral Binding Business from the first week of October 2017, our E-cell students have conducted one lakh venture event. The Anna university Record note spiral binding and they have earned 15,625.
Entrepreneurship club conducts the program for all students to submit their business idea and top 3 was selected, awards and certificate was distributed to the winners.
Web & Marketing a career Zone
A workshop was organized on 29th & 30th NOV-17 by EDC on “Web & Marketing a career Zone” with Registration fee Rs. 600 by our student entrepreneur Paravada Naveen Teja, 47 students participated.
Event & Participants
Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute
Our Institution is approved as the SPOKE Institution on July 31st 2017 from Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute (EDII-GoTn) sponsored by IEDP program and Anna University.
Top Management Meeting
Two faculties Dr.V.Mahalakshmi (Dean) and Dr.N.Pughazendi (Professor) attended the Top Management meeting for IEDP registered Spokes colleges on 8.8.2017 (Tuesday) at Sivalinagam Hall, CPDE Building First Floor, CEG, Anna University, Chennai.
E-Leader workshop program
Two students E.Sarathkumar(CEO) & Naveenraj (Advisor) of Final year had attended the E-Leader workshop program conducted by PMO-EDI & Anna University on 15th and 16th Septemebt 2017.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Program
Two faculties Professor Dr.N.Pughazendi & Professor M.S.Vinmathi attended three days Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Program (Startup 100) in Anna University sponsored by Entrepreneurship Devlopment Institute of India, Govenement of Tamilnadu from 7.9.2017 to 9.9.2017.
One Day Workshop
Eight students participated in one day workshop on “Startup 101” jointly organized by EDII TN and FORGE on 8th September in Srinivasa Ramanujan Hall, Department of Mathematics ,College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University at 9.00 am and they submitted their proposals.
Innovation for Employability and innovation skills
Dr.N.Pughazendi attended the base camp on “Innovation for Employability and innovation skills Enhancement leads to Innovation for Entrepreneurship” conducted by Forge in KCT Tech Park, KCT Campus, Coimbatore from Sep 18-20, 2017
Three students attended the Base camp at Forge in “Entrepreneurial Educators” KCT Campus, Coimbatore from 27-29th OCT’17. Sponsored by EDII
Tamilnadu Students Innovators
Three students S.Ramesharvind, B.Abishek babu, A.Balachandar have attended the Tamilnadu Students Innovators 2017 Idea Camp#1 in Forge, KCT Tech Part, KCT Campus, Coimbatore from 21-23 Sep’17. Sponsored by EDII.
- Two student B.AbishekBabu and S.Balachandar product was selected in top 10 and they have their next level boot camp from Nov 30 – Dec 3, 2017. Coordinated by TNSI2017 FORGE, KCT Tech Part, KCT Campus, Coimbatore from 21-23 Sep’17. Sponsored by EDII.
- Dr.N.Pughazendi & Mrs.M.S.Vinmathi attended Innovation & Development Entrepreneurship (Srartup 101) Development Program conducted by PMO-EDI & Anna University on 28th – 30th NOV-2017.
- Two Students Abhishekbabu and Balachander of CSE Department had awarded 5 Lakh Fellowship Sponsored by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Government of Tamilnadu.
- Abhishekbabu and Balachander of CSE Department had Participated in a two day workshop on design thinking and students design project conducted by EDII, Tamilnadu and IIITD&M, Kancheepuram.
- Abhishekbabu and Balachander of CSE Department had Participated in the Base Camp Conduted by Forge ,Coimbatore
- Dr.N.Pughazendi & Mrs.V.Anitha Moses attended “ FDP on Entrepreneurship conducted by Centre for social innovation & Entrepreneurship at IT,Madras.
- Two Projects have selected in Top 45 Proposal in STARTUP 101 held at Anna University, Chennai Organized by CED, Anna University, Chennai | EDII, Chennai | FORGE
Future Programs from the cell
- Woman Entrepreneurship
- Youth Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Outperforms Innovation
- Intellectual property and Entrepreneurship
- Capital, Contracting and Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship Development Cell,
Ph.: 044- 26490404 / 0505