Welcome to Panimalar Central Library
Our Central Library is one of the major highlights of the college. It is 1650 square meter air conditioned central library that has a seating capacity for 176 students. The excellent reading hall in the library assures peaceful and conducive environment to promote a spirit of continuous learning for the students equipped with reference books, hand books, dictionaries and encyclopedias. The Library provides a wide range of books and periodicals responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources. It also offers a peaceful environment for the optimum use of library materials and schedules the hours of service with professional assistance. It assists for computing resource plans and automation processes, having offered physical facilities and required equipments.
The library has separate periodicals section and subscribes 268 International and National periodicals.The library receives regularly Journals, news letters from organizations and societies provides the staff and students latest informations in technical education, research and development activities. The Central library is a member of INDEST-AICTE Consortium. Through this consortium, it subscribes 6927 National & International E-Journals including IEEE,Elsevier, EBSCO & Mc Graw Hill (Engg E-books).,Constant addition 8703 E-Books in all the fields of Engineering, Management, Basic Science and Humanities is the regular feature of our library. Every effort has been made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
The reference section of the library has rich collection of International editions of Reference books, Hand books, Conference proceedings,Encyclopedias, GATE/IELTS/GMATE Exam Books Civil Service Exams(IAS,IPS,IFS),BANK Exam,INCOME TAX Exam,RAILWAY Exam,LIC,TNPSC Exams & all Category of Entrance Exams.
Back volumes of journals have been neatly bounded and arranged under subject wise and year wise for reference.
This library has separate theis(Project Report) section.It receives 2262 Project report from our departments.It have been neatly bounded and arranged under subject wise and year wise for future reference. Newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines of repute are subscribed to enable the students to keep abreast of day-to-day trends. The library comprises of an Audio-Visual section equipped with LCD TV.
The library has separate Digital Media section has 989 Non-Book Materials.This library receives subscribed books CD/DVD, Sonaversity Engineering Subject CD/DVD,GATE/GMATE/TOEFL and other Magazines CD/DVDs regularly provides the staff and students for their latest informations in technical education, research and development activities.
Book Issue Policy
All Students, Faculty, Administrative staff and supporting staff of the college are entitled to become members of the central library. The membership application forms can be obtaining from circulation counter and should be submitted through proper channel. Each student is given 4 library cards and Staff 5 cards.Books are lent to students for 15 days & for staff for 6 Months and can be renewed with 15 days.Fine is levied for late return of books.
Book Bank Scheme
As per the directions of Government of Tamil Nadu, the library has got a book bank scheme exclusively for the SC/ST students. The students can avail four additional books for a semester apart from their regular library cards.
If the books are lost, Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition of the book including the fine of Due dates after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards.Library borrower cards are not transferable. . The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian in writing. After checking the borrowing register they will be issued a fresh replacement card on a payment of Rs.20/- per card.
Online Public Access Catalogue
The library is equipped with computerised On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching availability of books and CD-ROMs.Barcode system is followed in all transactions.we are maintained 2 Separate Server.
You want renewal your books ,kindly send the mail 3 days before on or before the return date.
Conference Hall is housed in the Library building. The capacity of this hall is 100. Here readers can sit and watch the educational movies. They can aslo use this Auditorium for conducting of video conforencing, Seminars, workshops and presentations.
Audio Visual Section
The AV Section is having 47 inch colour television (LG make) for effective and efficient utilization of Subject related Videos and Students Project Vi along with some general knowledge informations.
Survelence Camera facility is available in the library.
Photocopying facility is available in the library. Nominal charge is collected for photocopying service. PhotoCopy= 0.75/- Print = 1/-
Rules & regulations
- The Faculty, Staff and students of panimalar Engineering college are the members of the Library.
- The Library is kept open on all day from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 P.M.
- Library tickets are issued only on production of identity cards, for Faculty 5 and students 4 tickets.
- Each ticket is meant for only one book.
- The tickets issued are not transferable.
- The books should normally be returned on or before the due date positively.Fine is levied for late return of books.
- Loss of tickets should be reported to the librarian immediately. Duplicate tickets will be issued on payment of Rs.20/- along with Photo and Requisition Letter.
- The Library user must produce the identity card when entering the Library.
- Books will be issued from the library to the members only in exchange of Library borrowers tickets.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining, scribbling notes in the margins etc.,
- All users are requested to protect library books as their own property.
- Books taken out of the shelves for reference should be left on the reading tables.
- Students are not allowed to carry anything inside the library. Personal belongings are to be left outside, at the entrance of the library.
- Periodical publications, Dictionary, Reports, Proceedings, Reference sources etc,Will not be lent out.
- All members and the Library staff are requested to observe complete silence inside the library.
Future Plans for the Library
- Institute would be fellows Corporate Members of Library of ACM full portal,Online Access to E-Books and video tutorials enabling students and staff to refer to the other member libraries for additional information for their research / projects.
- In Addition New Approach to Circulation, Tracking, Inventorying, and Security of Library Materials using RFID Technology.
E-Resources – (E-Journals)
The Digtial library subscribes AICTE Recommended 4 E-journals Packages & 1 E-Book package (803) and 7900 Free E-Books List is shown in below. These covers more than 6,927 E-journals, transactions, magazines, conference proceedings and Standards. More than 12,000 new pages are added per month. It provides access to more than million full-page PDF images, including all original charts, graphs, diagrams, photographs and illustrative material.
Internet & Intranet
Free internet access 200 Mbps connection Leased Line 24 hours a day 7 days a week to our students.
We are Maintained Separate Server for the campus intranet which has important details about OPAC(Book Search), Question Papers, E-Magazines, E-Journals, NPTEL Programme & Webserver (It has rich collection of International editions of reference E-books, Hand books, encyclopedias and various reference documents).
- All members of the library team are available for any assistance you may need in using the library resources, facilities and services.
- For the Secutiry Purpose using video surveillance systems.
- You are also welcome to offer your suggestions about the same.
Book Searching Facility
- The Central library is Maintaining two Separate Server with computerised On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching availability of Books,National / Internalational Journals & Periodicals and Non Book Materials(CD-ROMs).
- Renewal Facilities is Available only.
- Barcode system is followed in all the transactions.
The library has separate periodicals section and subscribes 268 International and National periodicals.The library receives regularly Journals, news letters from organizations and societies provides the staff and students latest informations in technical education, research and development activities.
- We are Provideing Previous Year Anna University Que- Papers is maintained in separate Server.
- To Access Question paper Serve with your Roll Number.
- We are Providing Advanced Search Panel.
- Students Log Maintained.