About the Department
Panimalar Engineering College affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, is established in the year of 2000. The college is recognized with the department named Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) which offers both Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses. The main focus of the ECE department is to impart the world class standard of technical education in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication for the benefit of the society.
The students of both UG and PG are well qualified to meet the demands of the Industry and Research Organization. Our department is equipped with eminent faculty members who are expertise in various technical domains. The total strength of regular teaching faculty members in the department is 56, of which 9 of them are doctorates and all the remaining staff members are qualified with Masters Degree. The research activities are carried out by a group of expert research members. The overall focus of the department is to
- Emphasis elemental knowledge of the subjects.
- Provide exposure to the emerging technology.
- Inculcate a strong research and development activities
Vision and Mission
Dr. P. Kannan, M.E, Ph.D
Professor and Head of the Department in Electronics and Communication Engineering
He received B.E degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Madurai Kamarajar University, M.E degree in Optical Communication from Anna University and Ph.D (Sports Technology) from Tamilnadu Physical Education and Sports University, Chennai. The focus of his research work is an implementation of Image processing for various sports applications. He has more than two decades of teaching experience. His major areas of interest include Optical Communication, Image Processing and Wireless Networks.
He has published several research articles in National and International Conferences and Journals. He has also published books on Wireless Sensor Networks, Computer Programming, Communication Theory, Optical Communication and Networking, Digital Electronics and Cognitive Radio.He has completed two AICTE funded projects worth Rs.16 Lacs and several consultancy research projects in the field of RF and Antennas, Image Processing, Sensor Networks and Wireless Communications. He has also published 5 Patents.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
- To prepare students to analyze, design and implement electronic circuits and systems using the knowledge acquired from basic science and mathematics.
- To train students with good scientific and engineering knowledge so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions for real life problems.
- To introduce the research world to the graduates not only in their own domain but also in multidisciplinary domain, so that they feel motivated for higher studies.
- To prepare graduates to exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work and leadership qualities in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- To practice professionalism in a collaborative, team oriented manner that embraces the multicultural environment of today’s business world.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Engineering knowledge:
Able to apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
Able to identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, Natural sciences, and Engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:
Able to design solution for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:
Able to use Research – based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:
Able to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern Engineering IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society
Able to apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability
Able to understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental context, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Able to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work
Able to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Able to communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with the Engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance
Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life long learning
Able to recognize the needs for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest contest of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Graduates should demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts in the primary area of Electronics and Communication Engineering including analysis of circuits containing both active and passive components, electronic systems, control systems, electromagnetic systems, digital systems, computer applications and communications.
- Graduates should demonstrate the ability to utilize the mathematics and the fundamental knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering to design complex systems which may contain both software and hardware components to meet the desired needs.
- The graduates are capable of excelling in Electronics and Communication Engineering industry/Academic/Software companies through professional careers.
IETE Student Forum
IETE Student branch was to provide global platform to inspire, enable, develop and support students as the future leaders of our profession..
IEEE Student branch was to provide global platform to inspire, enable, develop and support students as the future leaders of our profession.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017 – 2018
|Sl. No||Organisation||No. of Students Selected||Compensation Offered Per Annum|
|1.||Zoho Corporation||1||Rs. 4,60,000/-|
|2.||Johnson Controls||1||Rs. 3,70,000/-|
|4.||HCL Technologies||3||Rs. 3,50,000/-|
|5.||Tata Consultancy Services||1||Rs. 3,36,875/-|
|8.||Mind Tree||2||Rs. 3,25,000/-|
|9.||Sutherland Global Services||53||Rs. 2,40,000/-|
|10.||Amazon Development Centre||1||Rs. 2,30,000/-|
|11.||ISS SDB Security Services||3||Rs. 2,16,000/-|
|12.||Hexaware Technologies||5||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|13.||Indian Healthcare||8||Rs. 1,80,000/-|
|14.||Onyxon Project Solutions||8||Rs. 1,80,000/-|
|15.||ABE Semiconductor||7||Rs. 1,80,000/-|
|16.||Tech Mahindra||18||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
|18.||DS Cables & Connectors||15||Rs. 1,44,000/-|
|19.||Alpha Associates||12||Rs. 1,44,000/-|
|20.||Vishay Precision Transducers||4||Rs. 1,44,000/-|
|21.||Seoyon E-Hwa Automotive||3||Rs. 1,44,000/-|
|22.||Mitsuba Sical India Pvt. Ltd||15||Rs. 1,20,000/-|
|23.||Kotak Life Insurance Co. Ltd||6||Rs. 1,20,000/-|
The Department Library has separated from central Library which provides the faculties and students latest informations in technical education research and development activities.
|Dept||Total No. of Volumes||Total No. of Titles|
|Dept. of ECE||1994||471|
These Library subscribes 32936 National & International E-Journals including
- Mcgraw Hill
- STM Journal
In addition 4211 E-Books in all the fields of Engineering, Management, Basic Science and Humanities is the regular feature of our library. Every effort has been made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.