About the Department
The Computer Science and Engineering Department offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. It provides an excellent ambiance for students to learn and acquire the necessary skills required by the IT Industry. Technological innovation is so rapid in this field that continuous education is essential to enhance the skill set of students keeping in pace with the current trends. The department has experienced faculty members who are fully committed to teaching and research.
The students have access to well equipped, state-of-the-art laboratories. A wide range of activities undertaken in the department allow the students to gain contemporary knowledge of the basic problems in the IT industry. The advance curriculum requires the students to take up a broad spectrum of courses with special emphasis on desired areas of specialization. Hence, the department has brought out exceptional engineers in the past and will continue to do in the years to come. The Department maintains an excellent interaction with IT industry and organizes regular guest lectures by experts, industrial visits, internships etc. and stands for industry – Institute collaboration.
Vision and Mission
Dr.Murugavalli Subramaniam, M.E,Ph.D
Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
She has 22 years of teaching and 15 years of research experience.
Her research interests are Image Processing, Software computing , Medical Imaging, Genetic algorithm, Fuzzy Logic, Mobile and Grid Computing and Internet of Things (IoT).
She has graduated from Thiagarajar college of engineering, Madurai Kamraj University in Electronics and Communication Engineering(1995). She has obtained her Master degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli (2000) and PhD degree from Anna University , Chennai(2009). She started her educational career in the year 1995 as a Lecturer.
She has published several papers in International (30) and National (2) Journals, presented papers in National and International conferences (40) and published three books. Under her guidance 4 research scholars have completed their Doctorate degree and another 4 are pursuing research work in Anna University and Sathyabama University.
Currently, she is the Principal Investigator for sponsored projects from AICTE worth ~ Rs.20 Lakhs.
She is a member of IEEE , life member of CSI and ISTE. She has received Best HOD, Distinguished Professor, Best international paper presenter Award, Maximum Publication in CSIC Award from Computer Society of India (CSI).
Publications- Google Scholar Citation
2000B.E (CSE) Programme started with the intake of 60 students
2001B.E (CSE) Programme intake increased to 90 students
2004First batch of B.E(CSE) got graduated
2005IEEE, CSI and ISTE membership establishment
2006B.E(CSE) Programme intake increased to 120 students
Accredidated by NBA for 3 years
2007Up gradation of Internet Programming Lab as Networks Lab (MODROBS)
2011B.E(CSE) Programme intake increased to 180 students
Renewed by NBA for 3 years
2012B.E(CSE) Programme intake increased to 240 students
Modernization of Computer Graphics and Multimedia Lab (MODROBS)
2013B.E(CSE)Programme intake increased to 300 students
2014Digital Lab setup
Skill Development Lab setup
2015Renewed by NBA for 2 years
EMC Academic Alliance - Cloud Infrastructure and Services
NPTEL establishment for online courses
2016Cloud Infrastructure Lab Establishment
EMC Center of Academic Excellence (CoAE)- Data Science & Big Data Analytics Lab
M.E(CSE) Programme started
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
- To impart and disseminate sound knowledge to the students on the fundamentals of mathematics and advanced fields of computer science and inter related disciplines to solve simple and complex engineering problems and train them to achieve sustainable growth in their professional career.
- To enhance the ability of students to evaluate the specific requirements of software industry and provide innovative engineering solutions and efficient product designs.
- To facilitate the students to make use of their technical competency to identify and develop appropriate product design, development, testing, maintenance, analysis of problems and provide corrective measures.
- To enable the students to develop strong leadership qualities with aggressive optimism, multidisciplinary skills, excellent communication skills and function as effective and reliable team members giving importance to professional and ethical principles.
- To inculcate in the students to associate in social networking, pursue continued learning of the latest developments in Computer Science and involve in higher research and contribute to the development of software industry and related engineering fields.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Engineering knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the Professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning :
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- To inculcate technical skills to analyze, design and implement softwares related to algorithms, networking, web services, multimedia, big data analytics and recent topics of varying complexity.
- To develop the capability to comprehend and solve the interdisciplinary problems through appropriate technology with the understanding of contemporary business environment.
- To develop an ability to utilize the latest technology and platforms to become a triumphant professional, successful entrepreneur and an urge for pursuing higher studies.
Co-curricular refers to activities, programs, and learning experiences that complement, in some way, what students are learning in College, experiences that are connected to or mirror the academic curriculum. Co-curricular activities are typically, but not always, defined by their separation from academic courses.
Extra Academic Activity (EAA) are those that fall outside the realm of the normal curriculum of College or university education, performed by students and Faculties.
Professional body responsible for education and training, and setting and raising their standards.Thay have some of the Professional Body are listout below.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning was initiated by seven Indian Institute of Technology. It is a programme under the Ministry of Human resources development, Government of India, initiated in 2003 for the creation of web and video courses in various disciplines of engineering, basic sciences, management and humanities.
- Online course: Free for all, Certification exam: For a nominal fee.
- 100+ New courses run on July 2018
- College Received ‘AA’ Grade for Local Chapter, Rating for 3 consecutive Year
- To Enroll visit the link:
Students Quality Guild
Uniqueness of SQG
Student Quality Guild is the student organization of Panimalar Engineering College, Department of Computer Science Engineering with full patronage from our esteemed Professors with the help of final year and alumni students. It motivates students to participate in various areas of interest, on which they are desperately need to improve. At SQG, we instill each student with personal and professional skills, so that the member can acquire values and knowledge, which will be helpful in their career.
Department Survey Forms
End of the Course
The department library has a separate library apart from central library which provides staffs and students the latest information in technical education , research and developmental activities.
|Dept||Total No. of Volumes||Total No. of Titles|
- Mcgraw Hil
- STM Journal
In addition 4211 E-Books in all the fields of Engineering, Management, Basic Science and Humanities is the regular feature of our library. Every effort has been made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.